Video Screen Capture
Free Screen Capture Software
For Mac and PC
Simple and FREE, Jing is the perfect way to enhance your fast-paced online conversations. Create images and videos of what you see on your computer screen, then share them instantly!
We use and recommend Jing as a fast and supereasy way to give guidance, notes and feedback on any visual projects like videos, websites, graphics etc.
To do this, simply
1) connect your headset to your computer (or use the onboard mic) and open Jing
2) select your video, website, graphics etc. on your computer screen in the Jing selection box
3) press record and simply talk through any details, updates and changes you want
Once you have recorded your video…
- save your Jing recording
- click upload to the Jing servers
- send us the link
or drop the saved Jing file into Dropbox and we’ll receive it here on our computers.
- Do a test recording first to make sure both Jing and your microphone are working! Record yourself describing what is on screen for 10 seconds then play it back.
- Jing records up to 5 minute videos – you can record as many as you like for free.
- Make a few notes on what you want to say before you begin recording.
- Use the pause button until you know what you want to say, then release pause to speak, and pause again to think what’s next…
Do make sure you label your Jing files clearly with reference to your projects.
- SWF video
- 5-minutes of screen & voice recording
- Mark-up tools for images
- Screencast.com Free Account
Use Jing to…
- Take Screenshots: Capture an image of what you see on your computer screen
- Record Screencasts: Record what you see and do on your monitor
- Collaborate: Jing’s older siblings – Snagit and Camtasia – are great for editing and enhanced sharing